Thumbs Up with the ADA
Keeping your teeth healthy and clean, as well as your children’s, can be a lot of work. While buying dental care products, it is tempting to just grab one of the first things you see on the shelf, especially with so many choices readily available these days. However, that may not be the best way to go about shopping for toothpaste, as not all products are created equal. Luckily, the American Dental Association (ADA), a nonprofit group, has already done most of the work for you when it comes to choosing the right dental products for your family – simply look for the ADA logo on everything from toothbrushes to paste and floss before purchasing.
Here are a few things you should know about the ADA:
- The ADA was established in 1859 and is the largest and most prominent dental association in the country, with over 161,000 members nationwide operating in all 50 states.
- The ADA places their seal of approval on over 300 products which they have evaluated to be both safe and effective at keeping your mouth healthy. The companies making these products are required to meet higher standards in order to carry the ADA’s seal of approval on their product.
- The ADA’s “Give Kids a Smile” program has supplied more than 5.5 million undeserving children with free dental services since 2003.
- The ADA also provides scholarships to students who are aspiring to be future dentists and even provides disaster relief to those in need.
- www.mouthhealthy.org, an ADA-run site, provides information and tips on how to better take care of your teeth.
The ADA has done a lot for the dentistry industry since its creation. The next time you go shopping for dental care products, look for the ADA seal of approval in order to ensure that you are purchasing the most qualified products for you and your family! If you have any questions about the ADA, visit their website at ada.org/en. And if you have anymore questions about how to continue to keep your mouth healthy, call Douglas V. Janis, D.D.S. at St. Charles Office Phone Number (630) 232-6661 today!
Comments are closed.